Depression can cause many nasty symptoms, but the intense, persistent feelings of isolation make it so difficult to treat. Even though someone may be surrounded by people who want to understand and help, opening up to outside help can require great emotional strength. With telehealth mental health treatment, those dealing with depression can access quality, compassionate care in the comfort and safety of their own homes.
The executive dysfunction and persistent low moods associated with depression can make it difficult to leave the house. Sunstone Recovery in Bend, OR, offers telehealth mental health treatment, giving those with depression an easy outlet for therapy and treatment. The most important step in recovery is the first one you make, and with our virtual therapy options, this step is easier than ever before. Contact our friendly team today online, or call 855.833.9199 to learn more.
5 Benefits of Telehealth Treatment for Depression
Finding treatment for depression can be quite challenging, especially for those with more severe symptoms. Not everyone is able to meet in person with a therapist. Yet there is still avenues to get support such as telehealth. Getting telehealth treatment for depression can offer the following benefits:
- Safety: Depression can cause a lot of anxiety in social situations and result in behaviors that make you feel vulnerable. When you control where you are and your surroundings, you can feel safe and secure in therapy.
- Privacy: The stigma associated with depression can cause misunderstandings with employers, family, and friends. Taking time off for treatments can be made easier when you don’t have to go anywhere for your treatment. Sessions are 100% private, with end-to-end encryption software.
- Lower cost: Telehealth services generally are less expensive, with fewer resources needed to provide high-quality service. Without commuting to and from a mental health center, you can also save on gas and time.
- Ease with consistency: Attending treatments regularly and consistently is important in recovering from depression. With virtual treatment, people are less likely to have mobility issues, fatigue, or low moods interfere with their ability to join therapy sessions.
- Access: People who attend in-person therapy may have difficulty getting access to a diverse and collaborative team. Telehealth services can connect you with people you may not have considered who can help in ways you hadn’t anticipated. Holistic treatment is easier to coordinate online.
These benefits may make virtual treatment or telehealth an excellent options for treating mental health concerns.
What Sunstone Recovery’s Telehealth Mental Health Treatment Involves
At Sunstone Recovery, our team of multidisciplinary specialists focuses on giving each client a tailor-made treatment plan. Our treatment plans offer comprehensive care for those dealing with co-occurring depression with addiction to alcohol or drugs.
When you meet with our intake team, you can get verification of benefits completed and a thorough assessment of your needs. Our programs offer both evidence-based and holistic treatment for the following:
- Mood disorders
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Specialized drug and alcohol rehab programs
Addiction is not always associated with depression, but those with depression can benefit from understanding addiction. Awareness of the coping skills and tools you can use is a life-long benefit of this treatment. Recovery is accelerated and longer-lasting as we help clients treat mental health and physical symptoms simultaneously.
Effective Depression Treatment is at Your Fingertips at Sunstone Recovery
When you feel wiped out from depressive thoughts and physical symptoms of depression, it can make a big difference to have the help that is accessible online. Sunstone Recovery’s mental health telehealth treatment offers instant access to quality care. Reach out online or at 855.833.9199 to Sunstone Recovery’s knowledgeable team and see if our telehealth treatments are right for you.