Going through intense or stressful events can cause anyone to feel worried and fearful. For those who deal with anxiety or panic attacks, however, normal life circumstances can trigger overwhelming feelings of fear. These feelings can cause strong psychological symptoms as well as physical symptoms.
If you or someone you care about have been experiencing symptoms of anxiety or panic attacks, finding an anxiety treatment center near you may be an important next step. Find out about Sunstone Recovery’s anxiety treatment program in Bend, OR today. Reach our caring staff online, or call 855.833.9199.
Anxiety Attack vs. Panic Attack
While the symptoms of anxiety attacks and panic attacks appear similar, there are some important differences to be aware of. Anxiety attacks aren’t acknowledged by experts as a disorder, but anxiety disorders can include anxiety attacks in their symptoms. Panic disorder, on the other hand, is a recognized disorder and includes both expected and unexpected attacks.
What is an anxiety attack? In general, an anxiety attack:
- Is triggered by external stimuli that are perceived as a threat, such as a phobia
- Can build gradually, with anxiety building as the perceived threat persists
- Is a more severe symptom of an anxiety disorder
- Is often caused by ongoing anxiety rather than a sudden, unanticipated threat
What is a panic attack?
- It can arise very unexpectedly and not from apparent external triggers
- People who experience panic attacks do not necessarily have ongoing anxiety
- It is characterized by more severe fight-or-flight physical symptoms
- Intense fears of dying, to the point of dissociation
Those who deal with anxiety can find it difficult to carry out daily routine tasks, and this anxiety can build up into an attack. Panic attacks, on the other hand, can present suddenly, in people who may otherwise feel fine. After someone experiences a panic attack, however, they may feel dread and fear that another panic attack will come on. This can plague everyday activities as well, though not exactly with the same cause and effect as anxiety attacks.
If you or a loved one is showing signs of anxiety or panic attacks, it may be time to find an anxiety treatment center near you. Find out more about Sunstone Recovery’s anxiety treatment program today.
An Anxiety Treatment Center in Oregon Can Help
At Sunstone Recovery, Oregon residents can access high-quality anxiety treatment anywhere they have an internet connection. Our telehealth anxiety treatment program can provide crucial support, especially for those who have anxiety co-occurring with addiction.
Sunstone Recovery’s anxiety treatment program includes individual counseling, physical therapy, and prescription medications if needed. Our compassionate and non-judgmental specialists can help you to make a treatment plan that goes at your own pace.
Benefits of Sunstone Recovery’s anxiety treatment program include:
- Access to evidence-based and holistic treatment models, including cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Combined support for anxiety management and addiction prevention or recovery
- Convenience and ease of access (through telehealth services in the comfort of your home)
- Inclusive services with high levels of discretion, so anyone can feel comfortable connecting with our team, including LGBTQ clients
Anxiety treatment at Sunstone Recovery can help you learn new skills and tools for managing anxiety, that you can take with you for the rest of your life. With the support of a knowledgeable team, you can feel confident that while anxiety may not have an actual “cure,” you can take control of it.
Take The First Steps Today in Conquering Anxiety
Anxiety and panic disorders can feel like an invisible plague of low moods and internal battles. When you reach out for support at an anxiety treatment center, you make the first and most important step toward a more empowered future. Our comprehensive services also include treatment programs for bipolar, mood disorders, PTSD, and depression. Nobody should have to deal with mental health symptoms all alone, and Sunstone Recovery’s team welcomes you to learn more about our programs today online, or by calling 855.833.9199.