Being able to talk with others about addiction isn’t always easy. Because of the stigma attached to drug use and addiction, you may fear that people will judge you for your situation rather than offer help. Fortunately, you are not alone, and group therapy can offer a positive outlet to those working on recovery from drug or alcohol abuse.
At Sunstone Recovery in Bend, OR, you can access our group therapy program more easily than ever before. With our virtual group therapy, clients can connect in the safety and convenience of their own homes. Find out more about our addiction counseling and rehab programs today. Contact our friendly team online, or call 855.833.9199 for more information.
Benefits of Virtual Group Therapy
Connecting with others going through similar experiences can be extremely beneficial for those in addiction recovery. However, in-person group therapy may not suit everyone’s needs, while virtual group therapy offers an alternative way of connecting.
Those who participate in virtual group therapy can enjoy the following benefits:
- Safety: For those whose addiction stems from traumatic experiences, it may feel safer to engage with others from your own home in a setting where you can leave easily if needed.
- Fewer distractions: In face-to-face group therapy, the environment may feel distracting or over-stimulating for some. With virtual group therapy, you can control your environment and eliminate distractions from your space.
- Convenience: With virtual group therapy, you don’t have to leave the house or drive anywhere to join peers and caring professionals in transformative and important conversations about addiction.
- More inclusive and targeted therapy: Connecting virtually allows for more widespread access, including individuals who may not otherwise be able to attend. This means that counselors can put together more closely aligned groups in their common experiences and recovery targets.
- Deeper healing and recovery: People who connect virtually can feel more comfortable being themselves because they are at home. Letting your guard down is easier when you don’t have to worry about your surroundings or have new people physically around you.
Virtual Group Therapy Program at Sunstone Recovery
Deciding whether or not a virtual group therapy program is right for you doesn’t have to be difficult. At Sunstone Recovery, our non-judgmental team of specialists can guide you in creating a treatment plan that works for you.
Our virtual group therapy program focuses on goals for specific group-related issues in each session. Sunstone Recovery’s group therapy program can help clients who are in recovery from:
- Alcohol or drug addiction
- Mood disorders
People who are dealing with addiction often also have underlying mental health symptoms. Our virtual group therapy program can help give clients insights into new skills and tools that can help with deeper healing. In addressing latent wounds that have not healed, clients find longer-lasting sobriety.
Dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic has been stressful for everyone, especially those in recovery. Meeting with a support group virtually can help you stay connected and on track with recovery while keeping you protected from infection. Our team aims to ensure the health and safety of each client as a top priority.
Recover with Group Support at Sunstone Recovery
Addiction can knock people out of social circles that they enjoy being a part of. Dealing with feelings of rejection and isolation can be difficult, but getting through these feelings with others can help. In an addiction support group, you can forge new friendships with others committed to recovery. As you build a solid network of support with Sunstone Recovery’s compassionate counselors and support group, each recovery step becomes easier. Build a solid foundation for your recovery with our team’s guidance, starting today. Send us a message online, or call 855.833.9199 to start making a treatment plan and find out more about our support groups.