Addiction is an epidemic that affects millions of individuals each year. Whether you are struggling with an addiction to alcohol, prescription medication, or illegal substances, you have likely experienced withdrawal signs and symptoms. Withdrawal can cause individuals to seek out their substance of choice to avoid painful withdrawal symptoms. Dealing with withdrawal and understanding it is essential once you have made the decision to turn your life around and to seek help for addiction.
Dealing With Withdrawal
Addiction withdrawal can cripple an individual mentally, emotionally, and even physically in serious and life-threatening cases. Knowing the common signs and symptoms of withdrawal can help you to identify when you are in need of additional treatment and assistance. Common mental and emotional withdrawal signs may include, but are not limited to:
- Feeling preoccupied with the thought of obtaining and using a substance is a common withdrawal sign.
- A lack of focus is common in individuals facing withdrawal symptoms.
- Mood swings, increased agitation, and increased anxiety may occur.
- Depression, social withdrawal, and complete isolation are not uncommon with severe withdrawal signs present.
It is also important to remain mindful of potential physical withdrawal symptoms you may experience depending on the type of addiction you are struggling to overcome. Some physical withdrawal signs that are common in serious or life-threatening addictions include:
- Dilated pupils
- Increased sweating
- Tremors, shakiness in limbs
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
- Stomach pain
- Muscle/joint pain
- Confusion/cognitive impairment
- Heart attack
Getting Help Dealing With Withdrawal
Finding an Oregon outpatient substance abuse treatment program is one way to tackle your withdrawal signs and symptoms head-on. Once you understand the difference between inpatient and outpatient programs, you can then choose a solution that offers you the most benefits and solutions.
Benefits of Outpatient Treatment Programs When Struggling With Withdrawal
Seeking help from an addiction treatment center in Oregon is the first step to truly taking charge of your future and addiction. Enrolling in an outpatient treatment program while you are dealing with withdrawal is highly advisable, especially if you are finding it difficult to steer clear from temptation on your own. Some of the most notable benefits of choosing an outpatient program to help with treating your withdrawal signs and symptoms include:
- Access to certified addiction specialists: Work together with licensed professionals and addiction specialists to create an individualized plan of treatment. Having access to professionals can help provide peace of mind while you are experiencing new or severe withdrawal symptoms. Discuss your options and available treatments with experienced staff to ease your mind as withdrawal symptoms come and go throughout your recovery.
- Multiple addiction therapy programs: Addiction therapy programs include individual therapy, group counseling, and family therapy solutions. Having access to a variety of addiction therapy solutions is best for anyone who has specific goals to reach with their rehab program.
Do not allow addiction to dictate your life and future. You can take control of your addiction. To get help dealing with addiction, contact Sunstone Recovery at 855.833.9199. We can help you learn more about programs and treatment options. Take charge of your addiction today.