In many cases, an addiction or substance abuse is often accompanied by a mental illness. In fact, both can directly influence and correlate with one another. However, at Sunstone Recovery’s dual diagnosis treatment center in Bend, Oregon, you can overcome both issues without any fear of relapse after discharge. Learn more about our addiction treatment center and dual diagnosis and see how it can help your recovery.
Why a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center Is So Important
Overall, a mental disorder and an addiction together can be a deadly combination. Treating one without the other leads to a greater likelihood of relapse.
For example, let’s consider someone who has anxiety and an addiction to alcohol. Let’s say they have been sober for a few weeks, but their anxiety kicks up. In this case, they may turn back to alcohol as a way of coping with anxiety or self-medicating.
As you can see, the alcohol use disorder received treatment, but the anxiety disorder didn’t. Therefore, the anxiety led the addiction back into relapse. At our dual diagnosis treatment center, both issues will receive treatment simultaneously. You will learn how they directly influence one another, along with with to overcome these triggers.
Self-medicating isn’t limited to alcohol or prescription medications either, in some cases, many individuals turn to street drugs like heroin. Addressing substance abuse and mental health disorders can save lives. Many drugs carry the risk of overdose or, at the very least, ruin relationships, careers, and finances.
Addiction and Mental Health Therapy
Every dual diagnosis treatment center will offer a wide range of therapies. However, at Sunstone Recovery, we have core dual diagnosis treatment program therapies that can make an immediate impact on the success of your recovery. Specifically, these addiction therapy programs include:
- Group counseling: In group counseling, you will work with other people in addiction recovery who share similar experiences. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a support network and to learn from others in recovery.
- Individual therapy: In individual therapy, you will meet one-on-one with a licensed therapist. This provides a safe and confidential space for you to explore the underlying causes of your addiction and to develop a plan for recovery.
- Family therapy: Family therapy is an important part of addiction recovery, as addiction often affects loved ones. In family therapy, you will work with a therapist to repair damaged relationships and to develop healthy communication skills.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is a type of therapy that explores the psychological causes of addiction. This can be an important part of recovery, as it can help you to understand your triggers and to develop coping skills.
In individual therapy, you will have one-on-one sessions with a counselor to gain a better understanding of your addiction and its root causes. We’ll take what you learn in therapy and implement new strategies in your dual diagnosis care. By instilling healthy coping mechanisms, you can then face what lies ahead.
Group counseling will help you connect with peers with similar experiences. Together, you can work through addiction, mental health, or general life problems. Similar to group counseling, family therapy helps you reconnect with loved ones after addiction. The purpose of family therapy is to help you and your loved ones understand these mental health disorders and how to reduce relapse.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment at Sunstone Recovery
When you complete drug and alcohol rehab, you don’t want to worry about relapse. Moreover, your main focus should be on your active and lifelong recovery. When relapse comes into the back of your mind, you are one step closer to abusing substances again. However, our dual diagnosis treatment center in Bend, Oregon will make sure you have all the resources you need to return to your daily life with confidence.
For more information, contact Sunstone Recovery online today. This is your opportunity to make real change in your life for the betterment of your overall wellbeing and future. Our specialist may recommend the following programs:
- Anxiety treatment program
- Depression treatment program
- Bipolar disorder treatment program
- PTSD treatment program
- Alcohol addiction treatment program
- Drug addiction treatment program
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
Learn more about the benefits of dual diagnosis treatment and the admissions process at Sunstone Recovery. With our insurance verification, you can enter treatment without the financial burdens of stress of paying for treatment.
Call 855.833.9199 today to find relief from symptoms of addiction and mental health disorders. Recovery starts today.
Learn more about dual diagnosis and treatment by checking out these blogs:
- What is Dual Diagnosis?
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program in Bend, Oregon
- Why Dual Diagnosis Treatment Is Important for Sobriety
- How Drugs Can Exacerbate Mental Illness
- 3 Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Importance of Dual Diagnosis Treatment for Addiction Recovery
- Getting Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders