We are so glad that you have decided to make steps towards something new. We have provided an overview of what you can expect as a client at Sunstone Recovery if you decide we are the right fit for you. We’ve broken the overview down into timeline, details, and expectations. We’ve done our best to explain each element, but if any items seem unclear, feel free to contact us at 855.833.9199.
Sunstone Recovery is an individualized treatment program. We do not use a “one size fits all” treatment approach. What this means is that we create a care plan specific to your needs and do not operate on a phase system. We do this in the hopes of maximizing your treatment experience.
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.” – Rumi
At Sunstone Recovery, Healing Together is an intention, a practice and a journey that all of us, staff and clients, engage in together. We believe that our clients’ success depends on our team’s commitment to their own healing practices. Early recovery begins the process of restoration, reawakening the spirit, and deepening connection to self and community.
We stand upon the shoulders of the many anonymous and known pioneers, poets, clinicians, researchers, teachers, mentors, spiritual guides, and sponsors by practicing their wisdom. Only from our willingness to include this inherited wisdom and walk our own healing path, can we ask others to do the same.
- The first step is to complete a Verification of Benefits Request Form. This helps us understand if your insurance will help cover the cost of treatment. We will contact you after we get your benefits information. This usually takes your insurance company 1-3 business days to get back to us after we have made the request.
- There is also on option to pay privately for services and not use insurance, please contact us to find out more.
- Once you have completed the VOB Request Form, you will receive an email from us providing you a link to our Pre-Admission Questionnaire and a copy of our Medical Clearance Form.
- The Pre-Admission Questionnaire familiarizes our treatment team with your history and current clinical needs.
- If we are not the right fit, we will do our best to refer you to resources that might better meet your needs.
- After we review your benefits with you and your Pre-admission Questionnaire, we schedule an Intake Assessment between you and one of our clinicians. This assessment usually takes two hours, during which time you also complete your intake paperwork.
- Prior to scheduling your Intake Assessment, you need to submit a Medical Clearance Form.
- Once you have completed your Intake Assessment and intake paperwork you are officially a client! You’re admitted and ready to begin treatment.
- Our Admissions Department will reach out to you to schedule your first appointment.
- Anticipate at least two weeks before you feel comfortable and settled into the process.
- Clients typically stay three to four months in our IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) before transitioning to our after-care OP (Outpatient Program), although each program is tailored to the client and lengths of stay differ with each client.
- We will develope your anticipated discharge date with you, after your first two weeks with us.
- In our after-care program, you will reduce the number of groups and individual sessions each week, eventually phasing down to one group session per week or one individual session per week.
Details & Expectations
- We believe that the essential first ingredient to your success at Sunstone Recovery is your active participation and desire for change. We honor this as a trusted starting point to build the necessary tools that help you establish healthy routines outside of treatment.
- We aim to incorporate and collaborate with a broad spectrum of community resources to find the right healing tools that can help your recovery. We may incorporate meditation, yoga, acupuncture, community groups, primary care physicians, and many more, to ensure you have the resources you need.
- We are a telehealth / virtual practice. To be able to participate, you will need access to a consistent and reliable internet device capable of both sound and video transmission through apps or websites (typically Zoom Teleconferencing).
- We want to support you in being fully engaged while participating in sessions. Frequent interruptions can be disruptive to the healing process. Creating space where you feel comfortable participating in sessions is essential.
- Confidentiality is required for group participation. . This means that during group, you are in a space where no one can hear or see your video conferencing, or be seen on your video.
- Individual Sessions
- You work with the same therapist for individual sessions who facilitates your group sessions. We feel this gives an understanding and fluidity within the program, that helps touch on the individual nature of your specific treatment needs.
- We recognize that you are spending a lot of time with us, when you could be doing something else. We applaud that, and want to honor that trust.
- We work with you to design your specific treatment goals. You are the expert in your own recovery. So, how do you feel like you’d be successful when you finish treatment?
- Group Sessions
- All group sessions have a routine start. This creates a consistent “space” (even virtually) for the group. We like to begin with a three-part check-in, recognizing physical, mental, and emotional awareness. We read the Group Guidelines, and then proceed with the session’s curriculum.
- We are an LGTBQ-welcoming practice. As well, all beliefs are welcome at Sunstone Recovery. Attacks on individuals or belief systems of any kind are not tolerated and are addressed immediately.
- Addictionary – a list of definitions of words and definitions commonly used and referenced in recovery
Check out these blogs to learn more about what to expect at our rehab center: